Retail and leisure projects are often challenging and complex, with success depending on a focused approach. Our experts understand all aspects of retail and leisure property throughout the UK, including high street, shopping centres, retail parks, cinemas, bars and restaurants, hotels, health and fitness, bowling, night clubs, bingo, and casinos.
We have particular specialism and have an exceptional track record in the letting and funding of major retail and leisure schemes, occupier expansion strategies, asset acquisitions/disposals and asset management. We also provide letting advice to property companies, trader developers, and institutional clients to maximise the occupancy and rental growth of their investments.
Montagu Evans offers co-ordinated nationwide coverage from offices in London, Glasgow & Edinburgh. Our teams are made up of agency, planning, valuation, rating, management and investment experts. This means we can support your whole project from start to finish – and continue to advise on developing and enhancing assets.
Benefits at a glance
- An exceptional track record in delivering and letting successful leisure and retail schemes and have detailed knowledge of the licensed and leisure property market throughout the UK. We assist clients in successfully managing their properties and ensuring that we maximise cost saving through achieving excellent results in negotiations with tenants, landlords, Valuation Officers and Assessors.
- Over 20 experienced professionals across the country, we have the capacity to assemble bespoke teams that work to meet your specific needs. For example, we’ve advised AEG on the O2 on Greenwich Peninsula for over 10 years on everything from gaining planning, leasing and managing Europes largest leisure development.
Providing advice on:
Specialist advice can be drawn from teams focusing on:
- Site assembly
- Development viability appraisal
- Scheme layout design and configuration
- Development funding
- Tenant mix and leasing advice, trading pattern and competition analysis
- Investment acquisition and disposal
- Asset management
- Landlord and tenant – including lease advisory and re-gearing